This farm is part of the original land warrant dated May 18, 1750, purchased by Johannes Hunsicker. He arrived from Schallbach, Germany in 1748. He had nine children.
Daniel Hunsicker established this homestead in 1852. The original home was a 2-story log house built to the right of the main entrance and is no longer there. The bank barn was built in 1852 and is of peg and beam construction. He was the uncle of Mary Hunsicker who married Richard Fink and continued to farm at the present location from 1894.
The lineage continues with Henry and Vera Fink, then Orrin and Ramona to the present-day owners, David and Sonia. They along with their sons Travis and Michael manage 1600 acres with 700 acres devoted to quality hay production. Through the years the farm has grown potatoes, had up to 40,000 chickens for egg production, grains, hay and vegetables. Son Michael also has a farm in Ulysses, Potter County, PA. On this farm he manages 2000 acres: 600 acres corn, 90 acres snap beans, 600 acres hay, and 55 acres soybeans.